Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flickr- Thing 4

Thinking Flickr was much the same as Snapfish, Kodak Gallery and the like, I figured I'd breeze through this one. I have used the others extensively, having created calendars, playing cards and even posters. What I liked about Flickr is the ability to share and then have the reader download large images. We as a department could share our photos with other departments. The presentation of photos is nicer than the others as well.

To use Flickr you have to have a Yahoo account. I had one that I used a long time ago. So I used it (somehow remembered the password) and it welcomed me back. However that Yahoo account was based on a primary account that no longer exists and I couldn't determine how to change it. So I will have to recreate a Yahoo account just to use this service. Still I think will. Small problem, I guess.

The editing tool is valuable for those not having other photo editing tools. I generally edit my photos before uploading and will continue to do so.

No comments: