Tuesday, January 29, 2008

RSS Feeds - Thing 3

I had a entry level understanding about RSS feeds; I knew what the RSS stood for, but I was missing a big piece... the aggregator. I like others, kept a list of favorites and went into them daily . So now that I know the information can "come to me", well...whatever will I do with all of my time? Of course this is not reality as one person's blog leads the reader (me) to myriad others. I am lead astray easily.

Years ago, while sitting in a PTA meeting at my children's school, the principal talked about how information would transfer quickly in the years to come. I don't think he could have imagined this particular piece of education, but I have to think even he is amazed.

Using Google Reader as my RSS account, I added a few RSS feed links. I found it easiest to simply click the orange RSS feed button. It makes me think back to that same principal. I'll bet now in grade schools instead of looking for Waldo, they are looking for the RSS icon. I seem to be.

The Palinet tutorial was very helpful in this particular lesson.

No comments: